We will be taking additional precautions. These are to protect both our patients and our staff.
We are reducing the number of people allowed in our clinic. We’re doing this by:
• Seeing fewer patients throughout the day
• Staggering patient times
• Reducing chairs available in the waiting area to allow social distancing
• Only essential personnel are allowed into examinations*
In addition to regular cleaning, we are taking extra sanitation precautions:
• Regular cleaning between patients as we've always done
• All staff are now wearing masks and scrubs
• Plexiglass between front desk staff and patients
We also have additional requirements from patients including:
• Masks are required to be in the clinic
• Patients are required to wash hands before touching their face/eyes
• Checking anyone entering the clinic's temperature
Non-contact tonometry will no longer be performed as it has been recently shown to potentially aerosolize the COVID virus. We will perform applanation tonometry as needed instead.
*Essential Personnel include: translators, caregivers, parents and other individuals required to complete a medical eye examination.
Unessential Personnel are any family members, friends or other companions who do not help with medical decision making, translating, or other physical requirements to complete a medical eye examination.
If you have family or friends who accompany you to your exam, we will ask that they wait outside the clinic.
If they’re not able to wait inside Costco, we will request they wait in your vehicle.
This is for the safety of staff and other patients in the clinic.